(picture of the fillets prior to baking)
I just created this dish this evening and just had to share it. First of all my son loved it and that means a lot – especially since it’s fish and vegetables! I could not believe how quick it was to prepare this meal – really if your’e in a hurry and want something that looks like you put some work into it, this recipe is a winner.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes. Cooking time: 25-30 minutes.
Ok, so here’s what you’ll need:
- one sole per person (my recipe is for 3-4 sole fillets)
- 1 habanero pepper, sliced
- 1 large organic carrot, sliced thinly (or shredded)hopped
- 4-5 asparagus, chopped
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 organic red pepper, sliced
- garlic (optional – I did not use it but you certainly can)
- olive oil
- smoked paprika
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lime or spices infused with lime (I used a tequila, lime spice on my fish)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking dish with aluminum foil. Rinse fish in cold water and place them in your baking dish, season with your spices (to your taste) and lime juice (if you’re using lime juice, I did not). Add chopped/sliced vegetables, season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over everything and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes (do not over bake).
Serve with rice or quinoa, or if you’re grain free like me, just eat as is. The vegetables are just a tad crunchy and that’s perfect. You don’t want to overcook the vegetables – in fact, you want them a bit undercooked so they can retain their nutritional value. Enjoy!