If your relationships have been strained or things have been a bit chaotic in your life the last week or so, you can probably blame the solar eclipse coming up this Monday because energy begins to shift not only days before an eclipse, but weeks, and even years before the actual eclipse day.
This is especially true if you live in close proximity to the eclipse’s path. So for those of you in the U.S who live on it’s path (Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, etc), you will definitely be affected and you will feel the energetic effects of this eclipse for years to come – it’s that powerful!
What does this mean to you, especially those of you that are tuned in to these events, e.g. yogis, Ayurveda practitioners and so on?
For starters, Ayurveda has a very close relationship with Vedic astrology. As a matter of fact, if you know anything about Ayurveda, you probably have a Vedic astrologer or two that you consult with on a regular basis, myself included.
But in case you don’t YET – let’s look at the meaning of this eclipse from a very general perspective, and some simple things you can do as well as avoid a few days leading up to the eclipse, during the eclipse, and a few days after.
Everything you do during an eclipse will not only impact you at that moment, but will have a RIPPLE effect and will impact you for years to come, which is why I have listed a few ‘do’s’ and ‘don’ts’ that I want you to be aware of.
WHAT TO DO ON THIS ECLIPSE:
- Practice rituals you’ve always practiced, as their affects will be amplified as much as 1000x more
- Say your mantras (if this is a regular practice for you)
- Continue to do your regular spiritual practice – very powerful at this time
- What you focus on manifesting will be that much more powerful now
- Be very conscious of your thoughts, because those thoughts will impact your life and get amplified 1000x more
- Watch your breath and practice deep breathing with visualization
- Be with people you want to be like, that inspire you
- Be with intentional people
- Walk away from situations that can escalate (in business and in your personal life)
- Do something that will improve the world, such as activism, after the eclipse
- Bathe in living water (rivers, ocean), or run some water over your head if no living water is available
WHAT TO AVOID DURING THIS ECLIPSE:
- Avoid drugs, such as alcohol, that reduce clarity (tamasic drugs) – this is the worst thing you can do during any eclipse
- Avoid energy that you don’t want branded into you
- Avoid dishonest or unfaithful activity – they will haunt you for years to come
- Don’t start something new (like opening a new bank account, new business, leaving a relationship, starting a relationship)
- Don’t plant anything 10 days before, and 10 days after – the plants won’t survive
- Be careful with what you say – that you can’t take back
- Avoid power struggles
The closer you are in direct alignment to the location of the eclipse, the more potent your actions and intentions will be.
If you have a Vedic astrologer you consult with, this is an excellent time to make an appointment with them.
Stay positive and think good thoughts, they will be with you for many years to come.
I would love to hear from you and how you faired on Monday. If you need any help from an Ayurvedic perspective, reach out and we’ll set up an Ayurvedic consult.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://chandraayurveda.com/bodywisdom/” ]