Yoni Steam History
The Yoni (Vaginal) Steam dates back thousands of years and is seen in almost every indigenous culture. African, Mayan, Greek, Native American, Cook Islands, Filipino, Japanese, and many other Asian countries have described the practice as Yoni Steam, V-Steams, Vaginal Steaming, Chai-yok, or Bajos. These cultures have used Yoni steaming as a routine ritual to honor and connect with their feminine energy. Yoni Steams can be utilized to restore balance and clear away stagnation. It’s popularity has been steadily growing in the West, and for good reason.
When you do things for your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
Yoni Steaming is a very gentle process that does not involve any sort of high-pressure application of hot water. Although it is often called the “Vaginal Steam,” many prefer to call this gentle process Yoni Steaming because it is more than simply the vagina and external organs that benefit from the steam. In Sanskrit, Yoni is known as “sacred temple” or pathway, a place to access our wisdom, and our power.
Many challenges such as menstrual cramps, infertility, excessive flow, general fatigue, vaginal dryness, and menopausal symptoms and vaginal laxity can be helped with a Yoni Steam. Done using a custom blend of organic herbs in a mild steam while sitting on a specially designed Yoni chair while wearing a full length gown in a private linen room. A Yoni Steam works by using gentle steam to carry that carries dried organic herbs to the exterior tissues of the vagina (the tissue referred to as the vulva). The warmth and moisture increases circulation to the vulva, causing it to open up and expose the inner labial mucous membranes. These tissues are very porous and absorbent, allowing the herbs to infuse their benefits. The result is a healthier, more relaxed and balanced connection to yourself.
Yoni Steaming is about women taking back ownership of our personal health and wombs and utilizing our intuition as well as herbs from the Earth, to support and nourish our overall well-being. This is also about trusting the wisdom of generations of women that have come before.
- Reduction in pain, bloating and exhaustion associated with menstruation
- Decreases heavy menstrual flow
- Regulation of irregular or absent menstrual cycles
- More rapid healing and a toning of the reproductive system after giving birth
- Eases discomfort of uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse & endometriosis
- Promotes healing of vaginal tear, episiotomy, or C-section scar
- Helps to restore bacterial and ph balance to aid in prevention of infections, bacterial vaginosis and odors
- Relief for symptoms of menopause including dryness or pain
- Can tighten the vaginal canal
- Detoxification of the womb and body
Emotional & Spiritual Benefits
- Allows modern day women the opportunity to reconnect to the ancestral wisdom of the womb
- Release of stored emotions & anxiety
- >Access to the feminine energy that gives rise to our vibrant radiance and creative potential as women
- Relieves tension and creates a state of bliss
- Helps with insomnia
- Can help aid in healing from sexual trauma
Duration: 20 min $38