An abhyanga (abee-yan-ga) is a luxurious, full body massage with warm herb infused oils that are designed to deeply revitalize, nourish, ground, and balance the body, nervous system, and subtle energies.
The warm aromatic oils nourish the skin and mobilize deeper tissues, while gently cleansing and detoxifying the body allowing you to feel the healing effects for days. During the Abhyanga massage, marmas (secret energy points) are used to freshen and revitalize the body and strengthen the immune system.
With frequent Abhyanga massage treatments, accumulated stress and toxins in the mind and body dissolve, fatigue disappears, sleep improves and stamina increases.
Here are some additional benefits that are associated with Abhyanga therapy:
- Increases circulation, especially to nerve endings
- Tones muscles and the whole physiology
- Decreases adrenaline, calming the nervous system
- Activates the parasympathetic nervous system
- Lubricates & improves joint function
- Increases mental alertness
- Improves elimination of impurities & toxins from the body
- Softer, smoother skin
- Increases stamina and energy through the day
- Increases lymphatic circulation
- Decreases the effects of aging
- Pacifies Vata and Pitta doshas
- Reduces stress
- Improves quality and quantity of sleep during the night
60 minutes – $120
90 minutes – $160
Chandra Healing Packages
Chandra Rejuvenation Retreat – Garshana, Abhyanga massage, Shirodhara, and Swedana
Please call or email me for a quote.