One of the easiest ways to make a smoothie that’s jam packed with amazing nutrients and cancer fighting abilities is to actually juice some of the vegetables.
So I’ve started to juice specific vegetables and fruit and use this juice as my liquid base for my smoothies, instead of using nut milks or raw coconut water. The vegetables & roots that I juice are an entire bunch of celery because I can get so many more nutrients than if I just threw a couple of stalks in my smoothies.
Celery is tops! Let me share with you the incredible benefits you’ll get from consuming A LOT of celery:
- Celery reduces LDL, the bad cholesterol
- Studies have shown that celery inhibits cancer cells especially in pancreatic cancer; and can delay the formation of breast cancer cells.
- Celery improves circulatory health and helps to reduce high blood pressure.
- Celery contains Vitamin A needed for eye health.
- Celery contains minerals such as magnesium that helps to soothe the nervous system; so it helps to calm and relax us.
- It reduces inflammation in the body.
- Improves your sex life (yes, it’s true, according to research from the Smeel and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation).
Here’s a simple recipe to try:
Ingredients for the celery juice –
- 1 bunch of celery
- 1-2 turmeric roots
- 1 apple
- several pieces pineapple (optional)
Put the above ingredients through your juicer; this is now your base.
Ingredients for the immune builder & digestive health smoothie –
- handful of spinach
- handful of kale
- 1/2 banana or 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbs ground flaxseed
- 1 tbs coconut oil
Add the ingredients for the smoothie in a blender, add your celery juice (quantity depends on consistency desired) and mix until well blended. Enjoy!