How appropriate that this beautiful, juicy red fruit is in season all the way through February (and March if you are lucky enough to live on the West Coast).
Pick some pomegranates up at your local health food or grocery store, before they disappear and make this delicious juice.
Pomegranates are considered a super food in my book because they are —> anti-aging, anti-cancerous, heart healthy (lower cholesterol & triglycerides), anti-inflammatory (relieve joint pain), and contain super powerful anti-oxidants.
Here’s what you’ll need: (makes 16 ounces)
- 1 pomegranate (deseeded)
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 16 ounces of mineral or filtered water
- 1 organic lemon, peeled
This is what you do next:
- Watch this video if you don’t know how to deseed a pomegranate: Press HERE for video.
- Combine pomegranate seeds, ginger, 4 ounces of water, and lemon in your blender and blend for about a minute.
- Strain the liquid through a strainer and pour in a pitcher
- Add remaining water (12 ounces) in your pitcher, and still really well. Store in fridge.