One of my favorite go to soups in the fall is this vegan, super easy to make, carrot ginger soup. It’s packed with nutrients, anti-oxidants, and protein keeping your body nourished and your blood sugar levels stable so that you feel full and satisfied for hours.
- 1 pound of organic carrots (approx 5-6 carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups orange or yellow lentils, soaked overnight
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2-3 inches of fresh ginger, minced
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon (I used a whole tbs – totally optional)
- 3 Tbs organic maple syrup
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onions and carrots for approximately 7-8 minutes. Next, add ginger, garlic, and cinnamon & cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes (soup is done when the lentils are soft but still intact).
Remove bay leaves and blend in batches in your blender. Serve while the soup is till hot.