Are you feeling somewhat distracted, tired, depleted, or just plain tired as we’re heading into fall? I always recommend a good nutritional detox at the change of these 2 seasons (fall & spring), but if you haven’t done one yet, or just can’t muster the strength, then here are 3 simple things you can start doing today to feel better tomorrow!
1. Try this amazing Ayurvedic drink to nourish and replenish the body and mind:
- 1 cup of almond milk, cashew milk, or hemp milk (preferably home made)
- 3-4 medjool dates pitted and chopped
- 1/8-1/4 of the following spices: Cardamom, Cinnamon, Turmeric
- Pinch of Saffron
Add all ingredients in a pot and bring to a simmer. Pour the hot mixture into a blender and blend on high for a few seconds. Pour into a mug and enjoy.
2. Eat a light, vegetarian dinner (by 7:30pm).
3. Be in bed by 9:00pm.
It’s that simple! Eating a light dinner will ensure a better night’s sleep and a more energetic morning. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep, more like 9-10 if you can – most of us are just sleep deprived. Drop me a line and tell me how wonderful you felt the next day!